Monday, February 11, 2013

Picks of the Week

Alright people it's that time again. I'm back, but this week instead of discussing places to shop, I am going to be picking some cute outfits picked up from one of the top social media sites, you guessed it... PINTEREST!
                                                                                          (pinterest.com)
 
First outfit topic of the week is oversized sweaters. Ok, ladies I know that eventually it will get warmer outside, but lets not put those sweaters away just yet. We still have a few weeks left of winter, so why not do it right and be comfy at the same time. In the above picture the sweater was paired up with a silk top and jean shorts. I am  also going to show you a different way in which to wear your oversized sweater.


 
The second picture is an outfit I have selected out of my closet. This is a black and gold oversized sweater, with a animal print burnout underneath, and a black and gold chunky necklace for an accent piece. Sweaters in the winter time look great with skinny jeans. That is why I chose one of my favorite pairs of skinny jeans, my Rock Revivals (a brand sold at The Buckle). This particular pair of denim is a dark denim with gold accents that coincide with the gold details on the sweater and the necklace. This outfit would also pair nicely with black or brown boots, and not feeling the necklace? Substitute it with a gold or black scarf.
 
                                (pinterest.com)
 
The second item of clothing I will discuss this week are cardigans. Above the cardigan is showed with a plain white v-neck tee, jean shorts, and a pair of black, what looks to be like combat boots. She is also wearing some chunky bracelets and a watch to accent the outfit. Although these outfits are pictured with jean shorts, I am going to show them with pants so my audience can see how to dress these pieces up for the winter time.
 
 
The picture above shows another outfit selected from my closet. This outfit is a twist to the Pinterest outfit above with the cardigan and jean shorts. This outfit consists of a bright blue cardigan, a silk button up, both with three quarter-link sleeves. Instead of a short sleeve white tee, I chose a white silk button up to dress up the cardigan a bit more. This cardigan would look great with these black Miss Me skinny jeans, and nude heels. This outfit is more office appropriate and also a little bit warmer for those colder winter days. The last piece is another chunky necklace with diamonds and nude colored beads, to tone down the brightness of the cardigan and pull in the color of the heels.
 
Well I hope my viewers find my outfit suggestions helpful, and if there are any questions or comments please feel free to leave them on my page. Also, I may need some suggestions for what to put on next week's blog so if there is anything my viewers would like to see let me know and I will be happy to include it. Since there are a few more weeks of winter left, we must continue to find clothes to mix and match in our closests, and this is why I am posting more outfit ideas for the cooler winter days. Enjoy! XOXO Shop Spot by Hayley 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment